To develop capable robotic systems and understandable robot interactions with humans, Dr. Zhao Han has been addressing a wide range of topics to gain a deep level of expertise in the interdisciplinary field of HRI, as well as robotics, AI, and AR.
Assistive Robotics Augmented Reality (AR) Behavior Trees (BTs) Cloud Computing Code Sharing Cognitive Architecture Data Collection Data Mining Data Visualization Explainable AI (XAI) Frequent Itemset Mining Generation Algorithms Hardware Human-Robot Handovers Linguistic HRI Mental Workload Mobile Manipulation Natural Language Generation Open Science Preferences Projection Mapping, Projected AR Referring Form Selection Robot Competition Robot Ethics Robot Explanation Robot Failures Robot Task Representation Survey Teleoperation Visual Analytics
- Robot explanation, explainable AI (XAI) (AI-HRI ’19, ICRA ’20 WS, THRI ’21a, THRI ’21b, Ph.D. Dissertation, AAAI-SSS ’22, WYSD ’22, THRI ’22b)
- Mobile manipulation, research testbed (ICRA ’19 FetchIt Competition, ICRA ’20)
- Augmented reality (AR)
- Natural language generation — referring form selection (HRI ’22 LBR, INLG ’22, IROS ’22)
- Robot failures (ICRA ’20 WS, THRI ’21a, THRI ’21b, WYSD ’22)
- Assistive robotics
- Robot competition (ICRA ’19 FetchIt Competition, Panasonic Challenge ’20, ICRA ’20)
- Robot task representation — behavior trees (BTs) (THRI ’21a, WYSD ’22)
- Robot ethics (HRI ’22a, HRI ’23b)
- Mental workload — teleoperation (ICRA ’21)
- Cognitive architecture (IROS ’20)
- Open science — code (AI-HRI ’20, HRI ’22b)
- Data visualization, visual analytics (WI ’16)
- Data mining — frequent itemset mining (KES ’15, BigDAS ’15, M.S. Thesis)
Publications and Competitions by Expertise
The expertise below is ordered by the aforementioned curated list. Some publications may appear in others as they demonstrate multiple expertise.
Explainable AI (XAI)
Robot Explanations: Preferences, Generation, and Communication, Ph.D. Dissertation.